Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vintage Top
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> Vintage DesignsMessage format

JillRN1995
Posted 2012-03-02 7:45 PM (#80428 - in reply to #78747)
Subject: Re: Vintage Top

Extreme Veteran

Thank you!

I'll be posting pics in a few days of another jacket that I'm making. I'm using buttons on it that belonged to my grandmother who's been gone for 48 years. I've admired those buttons for a long time but have never made a garment until now that I felt was worthy of them.

Jill
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mary
Posted 2012-03-13 10:11 AM (#80619 - in reply to #78747)
Subject: RE: Vintage Top

These blouses are beautiful. I love how you adapted the vintage style to something that works so well today. And I agree with the other commenter that blue is *your* color!

I especially liked reading about how you use 1/4 scale to work out construction issues. Being new to PMB, I'm enjoying reading both the forums and the wiki - and learning so much from all of the contributions. That's a tip I want to file away and use some day!
JillRN1995
Posted 2012-03-13 11:33 AM (#80628 - in reply to #78747)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks Mary

This program is wonderful, but there is definitely a learning curve, and I've made a lot of mistakes along the way.

The forums are a treasure trove of information. I love reading about other sewist's projects and their settings and alterations.

I'm glad that Karen is going to have a class on posting pictures and screenshots. A picture helps so much to clarify what the seamstress did.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Jill
Mary
Posted 2012-03-13 2:40 PM (#80632 - in reply to #80628)

Thanks for the welcome, Jill!

I just listened to Karen's mini-class on saving and emailing screen-shots - very cool. I'll go back and check out the next ones too when they come out.

Today I hope to make progress on a sleeve-less cotton top - my first PMB-drafted-wearable garment. I'll post it in Finished Garments when I'm done.

Mary

Edited by Mary 2012-03-13 2:41 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.