Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

essential backup and maintaining 2 computers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Computer-Ease -> About computersMessage format

tabernardy
Posted 2011-09-11 11:04 PM (#77816)
Subject: essential backup and maintaining 2 computers

I know I have read how you do this, but for the life of me I cannot find that thread(or 2)! I have Carbonite and I have a couple of questions. What is "essential" to having it back up to ensure that I don't lose anything in regards to charts, patterns, styles and such? And, what exactly do you do when you travel and use another computer? I figure you would have a good way already figured out.

I saved my folders but I'm not sure I have the pmcharts.sql or whatever it is that I really need since they are not pulling up when I open up my programs. Where exactly does that save to? I'll have to look for it on my carbonite backup, but it didn't just pop out at me when I looked. It's not tragic since I do have charts printed up and styles printed up that I wanted, but it'd be nice if I could with just a click or two of the mouse get them instantly

trisha
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2011-09-12 6:42 AM (#77817 - in reply to #77816)
Subject: RE: essential backup and maintaining 2 computers

Tech Support

I have Carbonite back up the full PMBoutiue folder.  Installing new, the program does need to be installed from a setup file you download or backup CD, but that way I know I have all my patterns and database.

You can just select the Patterns folder and the folder called Databases.  The database in that folder is a backup of the database that runs the program.  You would rename it PMCharts and copy and paste into the mail Pattern Master directory ifyou do a new install.

Carbonite saves to an Internet site.

You would need a separate subscription for a second computer, such as a laptop you travel with.

You can also download a backed up file to a different computer by signing on to Carbonite, selecting the file and download to a different computer.

My travel computer is now an IPad so I run my main computer from it when I am gone.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.