Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Matching the armscye in a princess seam?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> All Things Sewing General DiscussionMessage format

Destiny48
Posted 2011-09-02 1:03 AM (#77660)
Subject: Matching the armscye in a princess seam?

Hi There!

I am having difficulty with doing the princess seam armscye... The pattern piece has the corner cut off and has a marking at the end on the side front, however there is no marking on the front where the armscye meets.

Thus, I figured it is where the armscye tilts upward... so I sewed it this way, however there seems to be fabric missing then. Am I doing it wrong? In fact that fit was way out on the bust on that seam... would have fit better if that seam was pulled in alot more.

So just wondering, does the armscye marking just end where the corner cuts off, leaving it with 5/8 inch of no fabric behind it, or should it be matched to the edge of the fabric?

Thank you :-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2011-09-02 9:01 AM (#77665 - in reply to #77660)
Subject: RE: Matching the armscye in a princess seam?

Tech Support

I usually don't cut off that corner.  I also mark my sewing lines and match those.
Destiny48
Posted 2011-09-02 12:13 PM (#77666 - in reply to #77665)
Subject: RE: Matching the armscye in a princess seam?

Thank you Karen! So I assume that the seam should just follow flat from the the last marking of the curved bust portion then. :-)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.