Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Screen Size Recommendations - 15.6 vs 17.3 inch?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Computer-Ease -> About computersMessage format

SusanB
Posted 2011-08-22 7:22 AM (#77506)
Subject: Screen Size Recommendations - 15.6 vs 17.3 inch?

Hello all,

I would appreciate any thoughts on using the programs with a 15.6 inch vs a 17.3 inch screen - is there enough visual difference to warrant the extra bulk of a 17.3 inch laptop? I'm leaning toward getting a 15.6 inch with 6GB instead of a 17.3 inch with 4GB, but would appreciate recommendations.

My tiny netbook has been doing fine with all the programs (slow, but for the convenience of the small size I've lived with that). The problem is that I think I've been avoiding much work in PE and DFP due to the tiny screen - I also use Bernina's QuiltCad and PatternCad and need a larger screen for those.

Thank you in advance!

Susan
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2011-08-22 7:36 AM (#77507 - in reply to #77506)
Subject: RE: Screen Size Recommendations - 15.6 vs 17.3 inch?

Tech Support

If you have a place you can setup a monitor you might consider just connecting a monitor to your netbook.  Make sure you have a connection to do this.  We do this at trade shows.

I have a 24 inch monitor - love it.

I got mine from Woot.

May also be able to connect a keyboard for $10.

magenta
Posted 2011-08-22 7:37 AM (#77508 - in reply to #77506)

Extreme Veteran

I've got a 15.6 lap-top. It took a bit of getting used to, because I shared a large size screen pc with hubby, but there was 'conflict' (!) about whose turn it was. When I first got this lap-top, everything looked tiny, but I got used to it pretty quick. I think the amount of memory might be more important.

Sarah
SusanB
Posted 2011-08-22 10:36 AM (#77513 - in reply to #77506)

Thank you for the very quick and informative responses, ladies.

Time to fess up - I had an HP media center (widescreen with 5GB) that was getting VERY limited use in an upstairs room. Thought there was no way I could fit it into the sewing room, so didn't seriously consider moving it downstairs until reading your posts.
Just moved it downstairs, and although it has to occupy a corner of my cutting/pressing table it fits and is certainly worth a try. Now I will upgrade it from Vista to Win7 and start working on software installation. Will probably get the 64 instead of 32 bit Win 7 - sound reasonable? Current keyboard and mouse are wireless, so I might have to upgrade those, too, but might try the wireless first.

Karen - I think I have my programs registered on two computers now, so you should start to see me changing my registrations for Boutique, Tailor Made, Celebrations. Curves, Knits, Style Match and DFP.

Thank you again!

Susan
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2014 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.