Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

KINT TOP: surplice neckline, shoulder princess darts- NO OPENING
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster Pattern Editor Projects - PublicMessage format

Elaine
Posted 2011-08-06 12:41 PM (#77218)
Subject: KINT TOP: surplice neckline, shoulder princess darts- NO OPENING

Veteran

O, HELP !!! I look at what should be a simple PE project and experience brain blank. Have drafted classic blouse/shoulder princess darts in front, and surplice neckline. Have replaced full facing with 2-in. turned back facing to eliminate bulk, as I wish to extend edges of CF panels to include them in princess seams. That's when my brain draws a blank. Obviously, it is a matter of the distance from CF to princess seam, but that curved line on the pattern draft throws me. Really hope to get this done this week without having to experiment with several mock-ups. What to do? I know someone out there will look at this and say, "Well, DUH!"
Need to get back to sewing more. Use it or loose it! Looks as though I may be headed that way
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cfonfold
Posted 2011-08-06 7:30 PM (#77228 - in reply to #77218)
Subject: RE: KINT TOP: surplice neckline, shoulder princess darts- NO OPENING

Expert

Hi Elaine, If I understand you correctly and  you are working in PE-- copy the CF pattern piece and flip it to have a right and left. Then match the CF lines. That should tell you exactly where the neckline crosses the princess seam. Shaping the facing should then be easy. Place a point at that intersection and use the locate point and off set tools.

Coopie

fayefish
Posted 2011-08-06 10:55 PM (#77230 - in reply to #77218)
Subject: RE: KINT TOP: surplice neckline, shoulder princess darts- NO OPENING

have you looked at the crossed panel option the neckline is higher but it crosses over to the princess seam. You might be able to lower neck line in PE or could merge both patterns to get the effect you are after. I never do facings on knits the seam allowance is just turned over and sewn down on the surplice I usually add a bit of clear elastic so it hugs the body. This probably will not help you problem but might be an option.

Edited by fayefish 2011-08-06 10:56 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.