Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

facing on pants
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> Click&Sew - PublicMessage format

Dorothy
Posted 2011-07-31 2:02 PM (#77056)
Subject: facing on pants

I'm a newbie with this system, but long time sewer. for my first project i'm making pants with a facing. The pattern pieces are really wide. I couldn't find anything about pant facing in the instruction tab. Could someone let me know if they're supose to be that wide, they look more like a waistband.
I really am about this program I ordered the click and sew to try it out before I order the main program.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SueC56
Posted 2011-07-31 2:31 PM (#77057 - in reply to #77056)
Subject: RE: facing on pants

Extreme Veteran

Welcome Dorothy!  I'm sure you will enjoy PMB.  I just wanted to welcome you.  Someone else will pop in with an answer, I'm sure. 

Most things like facings have settings you can adjust.  When you are drafting a pants pattern, under the SETTINGS tab, there is an option to set your facing width, as well as your seam allowance width.  If you go to FILE > VIEW/SET DEFAULTS you can change those setting so they come up that way by default for your patterns.

There are many other settings like that, when you get time to look at them.

Sue
Susan in Miami
Posted 2011-07-31 3:42 PM (#77059 - in reply to #77057)

Expert

Sue,

Dorothy is using Click&Sew, she does not have all the setting that PMB5 has. Dorothy, really wide means different things to different people. Can you attach a photograph? In this program a facing is much like a waistband but is folded to the inside. Most faced pants in any system are made that way. Perhaps it is a matter of terminology and we don't know what you are trying to achieve. Again, a picture or a drawing or a weblink would help.

Susan

SueC56
Posted 2011-07-31 4:35 PM (#77060 - in reply to #77059)

Extreme Veteran

Susan, 

Good point about PMB5 vs Click and Sew - I misread her original post.

Sue
Dorothy
Posted 2011-07-31 10:04 PM (#77067 - in reply to #77056)

ok lets see if I can decribe this better. I am makeing pants that have faceings instead of a wasitband. I guess I did use the wrong word when I said it was to wide. The withe would be from side seam to side seam,which seems to be fine. But from the top of the facing( where it attaches to the waist of the pants) to the bottom of the facing (where you useally just turn up about 1/4 inch and sticth to make a edge finish), is about 4 inches. I'm use to that being about 1and 1/2 inches.
I hope that makes more sence. I'm wondering if it printed out a waistband piece instead of the faceing. Thanks for any help while I'm getting use to this system.
dotmoll
Posted 2011-07-31 10:19 PM (#77069 - in reply to #77056)

Elite Veteran

Dorothy, Wild Ginger facings are definitely generous, but you can just cut them down to your preferred size. I don't recall whether you can do that onscreen with Click & Sew.

I did the same thing you are doing...tried Click & Sew to decide if I wanted to commit to buying PMB. I think Click & Sew is now a bit behind PMB, so PMB requires less work to get measurements and draft.

Because of the differences, it might be easier to go straight to PMB, but I'm quite glad I started with Click & Sew - it got me used to drafting onscreen without having as many variables to think about. I still wear the first things I made with Click and Sew - a sleeveless swing top and a pair of loose pants.
Dorothy
Posted 2011-07-31 11:14 PM (#77072 - in reply to #77056)

Thanks a lot to everybody that replied. I'll just cut the facing down. I just wanted to make sure that iI wasn't doing something wrong. I haven't put the facing on yet but I finished the pants except for the facing and heming. I need to do some tweeking on my mersurements and I think I'm going to love this.
rebells
Posted 2011-08-01 8:26 AM (#77080 - in reply to #77056)

Extreme Veteran

I don't own Click and Sew but I have an older program which would be closer to what you have.  In my program the facing width is set in the settings menu.

(settings.jpg)

(navigator.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments settings.jpg (51KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments navigator.jpg (39KB - 5 downloads)
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2011-08-01 9:37 AM (#77084 - in reply to #77056)

Tech Support

C&S 1103 does not have an option for facing width.  Since everything in C&S is on one screen not all options are possible due to space.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.