Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Elna 3210 or similar machine
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> All Things Sewing General DiscussionMessage format

dotmoll
Posted 2011-06-12 8:48 AM (#75918)
Subject: Elna 3210 or similar machine

Elite Veteran

Anybody used any of the 3000 series machines? I have been offered an out-of-production model for a very good price, and I'm pretty interested in it. I don't need frills and furbelows, though heaven knows if I did I'd love a serger to sew them on.

I finally found a place to take my tired little Brother B-500 for service (place I used to use shut down). When I tapped on the door, a guy popped his head out of the machine he was working on, and showed me into a room full of all kinds of machines. When I said I was wondering about a reconditioned machine that would be a bit more powerful, he asked what I'd used and liked in the past, and when I mentioned the Elna SU I'd had to leave behind in NZ, he showed me an Elna 3210 that he said his Japanese customers tended to shy away from, because there is no Japanese labeling anywhere on the body, and because it has ONLY a foot pedal and no stop/start button - I often forget the stop/start button is there, so that wouldn't bother me. It appears to have everything I want - but I don't really know anything about Elnas since Janome bought them out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ursula
Posted 2011-06-12 6:29 PM (#75929 - in reply to #75918)
Subject: RE: Elna 3210 or similar machine

Elite Veteran

I have an Elna Stitchcraft 4000. I don't know how this compares to the one you are talking about, but mine is a really good machine. It is quiet and has a good stitch. I have had it for a long time (so long I don't remember the age) and have only had one problem. That was when I tried to wind a bobbin from my embroidery machine on it. It winds a far superior bobbin! However, the bobbin was slightly larger and I pulled the spindle off. I have a Brother embroidery machine with all the bells and whistles which also is a sewing machine (don't ask me why I bought that; the saleslady must have been good) but I never use the straight sewing, always use the Elna. Perhaps your dealer could tell you if this is similar to the one you are looking at. I have no complaints about it - and believe me I am a moaner!

Ursula
allymelba
Posted 2011-06-12 10:27 PM (#75934 - in reply to #75918)

Can't help much Dotmoll. But I love my Elna SU. It used to be my Mum's It is an excellent machine. Good luck. Have you asked on the Yahoo Elna Vintage group. There are people on the list who know the newer machines as well.

Alison
dotmoll
Posted 2011-06-13 4:10 AM (#75938 - in reply to #75918)

Elite Veteran

I think the 3210 was released in 2007...maybe in the first batch of models after Janome bought Elna? I think that is newer than the Stitchcraft 4000 though I'm not sure.

It was the TSP I got back in 1978 or so, not the SU (I keep getting them mixed up).

I only have a couple of doubts - whether I could live without auto-tension (though it is in fact the auto-tension that is not stable on my Brother B-500), and some things I need to check when I see it again.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.