Sticky The Sacred Sewing Room
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2016-01-03 12:15 PM (#90795)
Subject: The Sacred Sewing Room
Quote Reply

Administrator

Hi All,

A few months ago, I became aware of an organization that has really touched my heart - Enchanted Makeovers. Their mission is to create environments for women and children living in shelters that educate, empower, open a path for creativity and self-expression. One of their main programs is The Sacred Sewing Room. The goal is to create sewing rooms in shelters, fill them with fabrics and sewing machines and teach women and children the valuable life skill that is sewing.

I have been sewing all of my life. It has not only given me the best possible career I could imagine but also a great outlet for stress and anxiety. So, I reached out to founder Terry Grahl to see how I could be involved. Wild Ginger Software has just become a bronze sponsor of this fantastic organization.

If you would like to help, they can certainly use monetary donations. But they are also looking for donations of buttons, zippers, trims, rick rack, etc. They can also use fabric donations but need bolts of cotton or fleece.   If you would like to get involved, visit their website below.

http://sacredsewingroom.org/

(Before_After-image-600x579.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Before_After-image-600x579.jpg (84KB - 4 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page