Reformatting your computer
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2013-11-04 10:43 AM (#86642)
Subject: Reformatting your computer

Tech Support

If you reformat your computer and have to install your programs again, most likely the computer will now have a new ID.  When you go to unlock your program it will not recognized it as the same computer.

Before doing a reformat, deactivate your programs and send us the text file so we can have the key reset for you.

When writing about a unlock problem PLEASE include your product key info.  This helps us locate your info quickly and also lets us check to see if you are using the correct info.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tall Karen
Posted 2013-11-05 9:46 AM (#86644 - in reply to #86642)
Subject: RE: Reformatting your computer

Extreme Veteran

oops, sorry about the latest.....but I did successfully re-install. thanks for the reset. I now have a new desktop, so will eventually install a copy there of all programs that I lost on my old windows pc crash, so be watching for that!
ReneeG1957
Posted 2014-01-27 5:07 PM (#87201 - in reply to #86642)
Subject: Re: Reformatting your computer

Regular

Great - just the information I was looking for - but now I have to find the set of disks to do the reinstall...

I had the flu over Christmas 2013 & the easiest way to convince the blasted computer to work after it developed an issue was a clean install...and the backup/recovery image did not have any pattern drafting programs on it.

I have two computers - but one is left with the simplest set up because I travel with it and the hard drive is a lot smaller than the one in the computer in the sewing room.