Posted 2013-02-18 11:45 AM (#84691) Subject: can we make this?
this is such a cute tank, and it looks pretty easy. I am thinking that we have to cut the top half separate and then do pinch pleats across it. Then join it to a gathered bottom. Am I missing anything? I am going to try to attach the picture. Thanks for looking.
Oh, are there any settings we can choose so we wouldn't have to do as much in pe?
Posted 2013-02-19 6:44 AM (#84693 - in reply to #84691) Subject: Re: can we make this?
as I look closer I see what you mean by leaving the front one piece, I was being thrown by the seam across the bottom of the bust I wonder if that is elastic?
I have customers coming all day today so will be taking care of their projects first, but when I get it done, I will definitely come back here and post a pic.
Posted 2013-02-20 11:14 AM (#84698 - in reply to #84691) Subject: Re: can we make this?
so If I pleat first, I really don't have to do anything but set up the regular pattern right, and then lay it on the pleated fabric as such? Hmm. I am glad I came back and read this because I have set up what I think will make the top and then was about to go in and try to set up pleats...much time and effort saved, thanks!
Posted 2014-11-17 11:08 PM (#89101 - in reply to #84691) Subject: Re: can we make this?
Location: San Diego, CA
This is similar to what I did on a top posted in my album. I used fewer pleats that were stitched almost to the waist. I didn't pleat first and cut, but I like that idea. I took my .las into the editor and added the pleats.
Posted 2014-11-18 4:41 PM (#89109 - in reply to #89107) Subject: Re: can we make this?
Location: San Diego, CA
The hardest part was determining the size, placement & number of pleats to give the fit of the bodice and fullness of the skirt that I wanted. I did several muslins. My edge stitching foot stitches just over 1/4" at the widest setting, so that is what I used. The full width of the pleat was .625" stitched with wrong sides together then pressed to the side on the right side. My las file just shows the stitching lines, but the pattern was split through the hem using the slash/spread button in PE.
The top you posted looks like it has more pleats that are narrower. The problem I see with pleating first and then cutting is laying the skirt part straight so that you get the fullness. You could stitch the pleats to where you want them to end and baste the rest of the pleat to the bottom edge then remove the basting. Love to see this when finished!